Thursday, May 10, 2018

A new Facebook page and new blog, by our favorite struggling adoptee!

Yes, Joan M Wheeler/Doris M Sippel is STILL struggling with her identity!

She’s attempted to get submissions from other adoptees to publish another book, under Identity Press, but she hasn’t gotten any, so she came up with yet another brain-storm.

As of March 2018, she has a new Facebook page and in April 2018 she has a new blog!

She obviously thinks that she, and she alone, can change the face of adoption, with the goal of its elimination, on the backs of her lies against two families (birth and adopted).  And she’s conned yet another organization for her use… Sewing Souls Studios (356 S. Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, NY). Bet they don’t know about the contents in her book she self-published!

As stated below, Joan/Doris
‘presented the first Adoptees Identity Workshop in 2016 during the two-month long process of legally re-claiming the name given to her at birth’…

Wow…she really does NEED to tell the WORLD about her struggle!

And she does this under, her own words here, to ‘promote public awareness of adoption and to motivate change’! Wow!! I can see the entire world eliminating the institutions of adoption, with these workshops! NOT.

So let’s take a look see on how she plans to make these great changes …

Welcome to Adoptees’ Identity Workshops
ADOPTEES’ IDENTITY WORKSHOP·THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2018
The first Adoptees Identity Workshop was held in 2016. The goals are: 1 - to increase awareness of the role of identity theft in adoption. 2- to change public opinion. 3 - to promote adoptee access to sealed records. 4 – to take action against discriminatory laws that annul and replace birth certificates of every adoptee

About
Participants are guided in a paired-partner roll-play to learn how adoption changes adoptees’ identities. Discussion and refreshments follows.

Adoptees’ Identity Workshop  March 22 at 10:22pm ·
Thank you to all who have Liked this page so far! The invites also include members of my adoptive family - and I do want to say that while we grieve the loss of our dear cousin (and father and uncle), I hope you know Ed supported me. I know my adoptive family may be confused, I hope you are not hurt. In reclaiming my name, I am not disowning my family - families. Love to all! Thank you!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE  Saturday, March 24, 2018
CONTACT: Doris Michol Sippel, Adoptees’ Identity Workshop Organizer, 716-713-39874, dorismicholsippel@gmail.com

Community Gathers To Learn About the Stolen Civil Rights of Adopted People

BUFFALO, NY – Buffalo will host its second Adoptees’ Identity Workshop, SATURDAY, March 24 at 2:00 p.m. inside Sewing Souls Studios (356 S. Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, NY). In this experiential workshop developed and led by adoptee Doris Michol Sippel, participants will be guided in a paired-partner roll-play to learn how adoption changes adoptees’ identities. After the roll-play, Ms. Sippel will present her own revoked and sealed birth certificate and its replacement issued upon her adoption. A brief description of pending New York State legislation for adoptees’ access to revoked and sealed birth records will be presented. A brief Q & A will conclude the session.

Refreshments will be served. $10 donation to cover supplies. The workshop/discussion group is open to all, both adopted and not-adopted people are welcome.

The goal of this workshop is to demonstrate that adoption strips away identity civil rights of adoptees by replacing birth certificates and by preventing adoptees from accessing the sealed record of birth. In New York State, revoked and sealed and replaced records became law in 1935 as a means of hiding illegitimacy. Today, even though the stigma of illegitimacy is lessened somewhat, newborn adoptions are still prevalent. However, many adoptions today involve older children out of foster care or children adopted by a step-parent. Some adoptees are half or full orphans.

Doris Michol Sippel, author of her memoir, Forbidden Family: An Adopted Woman’s Struggle for Identity, presented the first Adoptees Identity Workshop in 2016 during the two-month long process of legally re-claiming the name given to her at birth. “I re-claimed my name, but my birth certificate is still locked up. There is no reason why I should be prevented from full civil rights restoration to my actual medical record of birth. When I was born in 1956, I had a name, two parents, and a home,” says Doris Sippel. “Three months after my birth, my mother died. My father was given no supports, no alternatives, adoption was his only choice. In exchange for a new home, New York State automatically revoked and sealed my birth certificate, gave me a new name, new parents, and a new birth certificate. That is the key detail most people don’t realize when they think about adoption. Adoption is not about providing a new home to a child in need (kinship care and guardianship can do that); adoption requires the adopted person to become someone else. The law forbids adopted people access to the document that proves we were born. This is a civil rights violation and discrimination against all people who are adopted.”

With critical legislation currently in debate in Albany, Doris Michol Sippel launched the new Adoptees Identity Workshop to promote public awareness of adoption and to motivate change.

Comments…
Jo Swanson…I can't be there, but feel free to use any memes or quotations from my Adoptee Civil Rights Resource Center page if they can be of use to you.

Adoptees’ Identity Workshop Thank you! I know most of my friends won't be able to make it! Most live so very far away!

Jay Gilpatrick … Seems to me that if the biological parents and adopted children all want to meet sometime there should be a way to legally make that happen

Adoptees’ Identity Workshop We've been working on this since 1953! A lot of history here! However, searching and reunion are separate from revoking and sealing then replacing birth certificates. Come to the workshop to find out! I'm limping, but walking now - sometimes using the cane... We do have to get together!

Jay Gilpatrick … Glad you're feeling better Doris. We're planning to be at the March for your Lives at Niagara Square tomorrow at 1:30. Sorry I didn't get back to you last night. I went to sleep. Hoping and praying that limp goes away too. Can we meet up another time?

Adoptees’ Identity Workshop Jay Gilpatrick Yes. I will be hosting the same workshop next month!

Jennifer Sarro…Kudos on the workshop! As a small point of legal history: OBCs of adoptees were sealed in New York in 1936, not 1935 as is frequently, erroneously stated - even by legislators (for verification, please consult McKinney's Consolidated Laws of New York, Public Health Law §4138). The court records were sealed in 1938. As an advocate for adoptee rights, I hope to come across as well informed as possible; inaccuracy about one fact might create the impression I am mistaken about other aspects of this issue. Please spread the word!

Adoptees’ Identity Workshop Thank you for that clarification! That must mean the bill was signed in 1935 and became law the following year. I will make that correction in my articles as well!

Jennifer Sarro… I appreciate your interest in the subject! So here's the scoop: 1935 was notorious as the year a variety of the so-called "Holley Bills" were introduced, but it wasn't the year the bill sealing the birth certs of adoptees was introduced, passed, or signed into law. Following receipt of a 1936 committee report recommending a uniform manner of issuing birth certificates which would not indicate the circumstances of birth, legislators drafted another bill. That bill, which ultimately DID seal adoptee birth certs, was introduced into the Assembly by Holley on April 23, 1936, where it passed on May 11, 1936. The following day it passed the Senate, and was subsequently signed into law by Governor Lehman.

Adoptees’ Identity Workshop Jennifer Sarro Where can I obtain copies of this? I would like to update my online articles in which I address this.

AND…then this ANNOUCEMENT
Adoptees’ Identity Workshop
April 17 at 11:19pm ·
We have a new website for people who are not on Facebook! https://adopteesidentity.wordpress.com/

BUT she HAD TO CANCEL
Sewing Souls Studios
April 21 at 1:11pm · Buffalo, NY ·
We are cancelling due to illness. Thank u for yur understanding.

Doris Michol Sippel
April 21 at 10:47am ·
I am sad to cancel today's Adoptees' Identity Workshop due to illness. I will post info on next months' event soon. https://www.facebook.com/events/240019009908686/

End…for now…more later!

6 comments:

  1. She struggled to become rich and famous by writing a book that she thought would be a million dollar best seller, then fantasized that book would be turned into a blockbuster Hollywood movie.
    She struggled when her book came out, and I found lie upon lie upon lie in it - and submitted actual police and court documents to the publisher, proving she committed libel against me. And the publisher pulled the book from publication.
    She struggled in her desire to be a 'great and important lecturer' about adoption and adoption reform in the adoption reform circuit.
    She now struggles with the fact that due to my blog and Gert's blog, that we took every lie she told in the book, on her website, and on various places on the internet, and with those same police and court documents, and actual letters written by herself, and showed the world what a lying bitch she is -- she now struggles that nobody wants anything to do with her.
    She does still have adult adoptee friends, associates, and supporters. Those that do still associate with her, are as nutty and delusional and warped as she is.
    She struggled to destroy my life - my personal feelings, my relationship with my fiance (now husband), my relationship with various family members, even tried to get me fired by repeatedly calling my job with lies.
    Well now, she did cause me to shed many tears - but in the end, she did not succeed to destroy a damn thing about me.
    However, I, due to my blog, and the later Gert via her blog, did manage to destroy Joan's book, her dream of becoming rich with that piece of shit book, her dream of a movie being of that piece of shit book, and her reputation among those intellectuals who are going about reforming adoption
    She now struggles alone - her own children don't bother with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CORRECT...she didn't destroy a thing about me! She's just a sick person who can't accept the LIFE that she has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "discussion and refreshements follow."
    Considering how Joan/Doris is always whining about how stricken with poverty she is, how is she paying for those refreshments? Who did she scam into paying for them? Probably the poor owner of the venue.
    Joan/Doris to the owner. "You know, I think what would make a nice touch to my workshop - something for them to munch on later, like coffee or doughnuts, or maybe something more nutritious - like tea and a veggie tray. I really wish I could do that, but I really can't afford it. I'm on social security disability and food stamps and am struggling to make my mortgage payments, and my car needs some work."
    Owner of venue."Oh Doris, you really have your plate full. I know about being on food stamps. I've been there too.And yeah, I know about trying to make the mortgage. You know what? I've got plenty of coffee and herbal tea in my storeroom here. And I can pick up a veggie tray from Tops."

    See, I've been there. I've heard a hundred variations of Joan/Doris' sob story and yeah, I've been suckered into giving her $$$.
    And so have a lot of others. And I've heard from them.

    And if Joan/Doris had gotten off her ass and gotten a job when she was younger and before medical problems set in, she would be in a better financial state now. But why bother getting a real job? She did much better at mooching off people. And being a real con artist, she knows how to play the sympathy ploy and get $$$ from people, or get them to pay for her hotel rooms etc. at all those adoption conferences she goes to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is charging $10.00 fee so that fee would COVER the cost of refreshments…but…she NEEDS to purchase those refreshments BEFORE the event!

    The last event, which was cancelled on a short notice, only had TWO interested in going! So if that event happened, she would have HAD to spend $$$ for refreshments for how many? TWO people! However she does it, it is certain that she plays her poor-me act with the owner of the facility.

    Remember…the birth family has had numerous opportunities to see first-hand and experience just how Joan/Doris operates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been very busy of late...just checked this particular site for any events...there hasn't been ANY... to see more check this link
    https://www.facebook.com/events/113688196173635/?active_tab=discussion

    ReplyDelete
  6. you may have to copy and paste the link into your browser to access it

    ReplyDelete